WELCOME HOME, POET.
The world is eager for poets. In 2016, more people spent their hard earned money on poetry books than any other year on record. When times are dark, the world always turns to poets for empathy, for answers, for words, bucking and new. Palette Poetry is here to paint our small part of the world with truth through poetry, as hopeful and eviscerating as truth can be.
We have no particular aesthetic vision or mission. Our goal is to simply find and publish the best poetry we can, no matter its roots in craft.
Send us your very best.
Community Feedback is our recurring column that provides an opportunity for our audience to get some quick, exceptional feedback on a new poem.
It works like this:
-The category is only open for two weeks, and our editorial staff will select one poem per month to critique and comment on.
-We publish a new poem and the comments a month after the original post, and repeat the process.
The next post will be on October 26th.
Submissions for our Featured Poetry category are open year round to poets at any stage of their career. All Colors are published online only and will feature a number of poems from new authors each month. We highly encourage emerging authors to submit.
We are thrilled to offer significant payment to our partner poets: $50 per poem, up to $150. We are proud to be paying for published pieces but will be highly selective in our choices for publication.
We also warmly invite under-represented and marginalized voices to submit. Our aim is to be an accurate representation of the diversity of our beautiful community. Your voice is valued here.
- Submissions are open internationally, to any poet writing in English—other languages are okay to include, as long as the meat of the poem is in English.
- Send us only your best. We will be extremely selective.
- We accept simultaneous submissions—just please send us a note if your work is picked up elsewhere (We want to say congrats!)
- All submissions must be no more than 10 pages and no more than 5 poems.
- We do not accept multiple submissions. Please submit all your poems in ONE document.
- Please include a cover letter with your publication history
- Expect 8-12 weeks for a response
Palette Poetry is looking to add some talented new readers to our team in 2018. If you love poetry, and three to four hours of reading submissions a week sounds like fun, we encourage you to apply. Our readers work remotely and can set their own schedules.
This position begins in February and involves a commitment to the end of July (6 months). PLEASE NOTE: readerships are unpaid and on a strictly volunteer basis. If interested, please send cover letter, resume, and at least one writing sample before January 31st. We look forward to hearing from you!